Thanks to the tireless help of many volunteers, we have erected shelving at our new site in Denver’s Globeville neighborhood, and moved in over 30,000 Land Library books.
The Globeville library design plans has been underway ever since, and it’s clear that the space is in need of some furniture! We’re scouting out the following items from second hand stores and donations:
– Library Table (as long as possible, like the example above!)
– Two long folding worktables
– Armless benches
– Wall plant holders
– Rugs (4-6′, square or round)
– Office chairs
– Upholstered chairs in good shape
– Coffee table (round or oval)
– Table, wall and floor lamps
– Throw pillows in good shape
– 1-2 floor fans
– Cool object to hang over the door
If you have something you think could make a good addition, please send a photo and dimensions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: if you have an item that’s not on the list, but you think would be great anyway, please let us know!
Stay tuned for our first volunteer work days, when we’ll actually be touching the books, and getting them ready for the shelves in Globeville, and at Buffalo Peaks Ranch.
We hope to have our first sessions sometime in June, or early July. If you missed our volunteer sign-up in the Spring, email email@example.com, and we’ll get you on the list!